We are repairing our page after a technical problem. Please watch for further announcments.
- August 20, 2014
Michael Brown is dead. Eighteen years old, a young man gunned down—not just shot--by police in his neighborhood in Ferguson, Missouri. Brown’s experience earns international attention not because he is dead, but because of sustained outrage, first by his grieving family, then over video available from bystanders, then by people in his community demanding answers, then by shocked citizens around the country.
Voices of Iraq
- Aliya Sousa
- Dr. Aliya Sousa was the daughter and biographer of the remarkable
and prolific Iraqi author, researcher, engineer and hydrologist, Dr.
Ahmed Sousa (1900-1983).
In this 1999 interview in Baghdad, she recalls his early life. Aliya Sousa perished in the bombing of the UN office in Baghdad, August 19, 2003.
- Nisrin Elamin
- Sudan activist Elamin, working with Sudanese women worldwide to support self-help work in Darfur, came into our studio to tell us about her country. Go to our Dec 8, 2009 podcast for the full interview. Sample 6:17
Radio Tahrir calligraphic logo design by
Men have singled out women of outstanding merit and put them on a pedestal to avoid recognizing the capabilities of all women--
Huda Shaarawi (1879-1947), Egyptian political activist and feminist
- a poem.. a song..
- Poems from "Outrage"
Rafia Mazari reads from her collection "Outrage"; French Flash
- Ya Rabbi Mustafa
praises to the Prophet, from Nazira CD, female voices
- Book review
- G Willow Wilson's
The Butterfly Mosque
reviewed by BN Aziz.
- Tahrir Team
- Read about Nadja Middleton in the team page.
- Arab American Comedy Festival
- Arab Writers Conference, 2011
- AWAIR, Arab World & Islamic Resources
- Busboys and Poets; DC Bookstore & Cafe
- Electronic Intifada
- Journalists MiddleEast
- Pacifica Radio Network
- Women's Islamic Initiative
- Arab American Journalists
- Attorney Lynne Stewart--civil rights defender
- Boycott IsraelCampaign
- Connecting Cultures
- FSRN Pacifica Radio News
- Iraq Virtual Museum
- Muslim Women Lawyers
- Palestinian Initiative