- September 19, 2014
Shall I explain to these besieged, patient, impoverished millions that this war is the last one? Shall I confide that it’s hopeless; better get out? (To where?) Shall I urge them to enlist their sons with the moderate rebels who the coalition will support? Or, say “Forget about reforms; even if the current leader is ousted, Arabs are just not ready for democracy”?
Voices of Iraq
- Abbas Jijan
- Iraqi Poet Jijan presented this poem "Obama" in a 2009 program on Al-Arabiya TV. (in Arabic). See our July 20 podcast for the translation.
- Shadia Mansour
- HipHop Palestinian vocalist visits our WBAI studio. Interviewed by Phil Kai; see her tribute to Mahmoud Darwish in our "Poems and Songs" Sample 6:16
Radio Tahrir calligraphic logo design by
38,000 fruit-bearing trees,on Palestinian land, documented as destroyed by Israeli occupation forces and settler militants since 2011. It is a daily occurance. (paraphrased)
Saree Makdisi, LA Times OpEd, Nov 18, 2013
- a poem.. a song..
- Naomi Shihab Nye reads "Return"
America's award-winning poet, Naomi Shihab Nye Flash
- Qur'an Surat Al-Qadr
from 'Approaching The Qur'an' CD, male reciter
- Book review
- Yousry Nasrallah, Director, Egypt's
Scheherazade: Tell Me A Story
reviewed by BN Aziz.
- Tahrir Team
- Read about Jad Abumrad in the team page.